There’s tons of hoopla that’s going to happen with the bringing in of 2018. However, there’s still eleven days of 2017 that we can take totally take advantage of and help give us the springboard into the new year.
Here are 17 ways to finish up 2017 on the right foot:
- write out one main goal for each facet of your life. ie. spiritual, contribution, social/relationship, financial, physical, mental. Coaching tip: make it a leading indicator, which focuses on process not the result. For example, I will save $100/week every week. Or I will workout at least 3 days per week and track my food 90% of the time.
- Stop dieting during the holidays and focus on creating your new identity.
- Spend tons of time with love ones.
- Take time off.
- Be grateful.
- Don’t wait until 2018 to practice the habits you’re trying to adopt. Start now.
- Plan your workouts over the holiday season.
- Go one for one. Every adult beverage you consume chase with an equivalent volume of water.
- Get rest. Lots of it.
- Renew your motivation to chase your goals.
- Constantly ask yourself, “how is this working out for me?”
- Drink 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces of water.
- Plan your fitness strategy. Find a coach/program to help guide you with this.
- Get clear on what you want to accomplish in 2018 (now in 2017).
- Don’t take too long of a break over the next several of days. Keep up the momentum.
- Obliterate ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts).
- Continue to say YES to the things you love and to new things.
You have 11 days left in 2017. Use this list and you’ll be on your way to finish 2017 on a high not as well as making 2018 (Read this to learn why we’re not fans of resolutions) a year to remember!